Blinds & Shutters
The result of nearly 10 years of research and development, our Polycore® shutters feature our innovative co-extruded aluminum reinforced shutter components. All of our rails, stiles and louvers have an aluminum core that is actually extruded into the solid polymer components at the same time the component is made. This gives us a very strong, rigid and durable component. The aluminum reinforced louvers, rails, and stiles make our Polycore shutter as straight as an arrow.
All of our components are finished with a state of the art baked on water borne paint that ensures the shutter finish will never warp, crack, chip, or peel. Polycore® shutters are moisture and UV resistant, making them impervious to the elements.
Our Polycore® shutter offers a combination of performance and style unlike any other window covering. These innovative aluminum reinforced shutters offer the traditional look of wood shutters with all of the advantages of synthetic materials.
What are the benefits of installing shutters in your home?
- Attractive addition to your home. You won’t need to worry about any additional window coverings when your windows and doors have shutters installed.
- Reduce your energy costs. Owning a home in Northeast Florida can mean high energy bills when your air conditioner is running nearly year-round. Plantation shutters can help to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer for our short winters.
- Easy to maintain. While some blinds can be more time intensive to clean and maintain, shutters simply need a cloth to wipe down each side. You’ll save time with easy maintenance with these window treatments.
- Increase the value of your home. Did you know plantation shutters are the only window coverings guaranteed to add equity to your homes value? We know your home is probably your largest asset, and we want to help you increase its value.
- Child and pet safety. Since shutters don’t have cords or strings, they are among the safest window coverings available for your home. You’ll breathe easy knowing your children and pets are protected from hazards associated with corded window coverings.
All GREENGUARD® Indoor Air Quality Certified products have been tested for their chemical emissions performance and can be found in the GREENGUARD® Online Product Guide. All GREENGUARD® Children & Schools Certified products have been tested for their chemical emissions performance according to CA 01350 and can be found in the GREENGUARD® Online Product Guide.
Shutter Styles & Options
Interior shutters are offered in a variety of styles. We have a beautiful selection of frames with different louver sizes. Here are just a few that we carry at Staley’s Blinds & Shutters.
- Polycore: As an environmentally friendly product, Polycore® shutters are 100% recyclable and can be reformed to produce other PVC products. We fabricate materials that use minimal fossil fuel, consuming less than half the fossil fuel needed to make other synthetics and thus having a smaller effect on the environment. Our Polycore® shutters have received the GREENGUARD® Certification Program and the coveted GREENGUARD® Gold Certification. This means that our shutters have passed an extensive series of tests to ensure that they meet stringent third-party standards for low chemical emissions based on established health standards.
- Lexwood: Our entire Lexwood® shutter line is made from 100% premium kiln dried Basswood. No fillers, no sawdust, no composites, no plastic, no “engineered wood”, no Poplar, no unidentified “hardwood”. Basswood is the premier natural material to make shutters and Sunland Shutters uses only Basswood to make its premier Lexwood® shutters. Basswood’s combination of strength and light weight has long made it the preferred choice for shutters